- 1 small acorn squash (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 mediumt tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place squash cut side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple, celery, raisins, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Turn squash over; fill centers with apple mixture. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until squash and apple filling are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Acorn Squash in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p232
Reviews for Fruity Acorn Squash(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
I used pears instead of apples and dried cranberries instead of raisins. everyone loved the squash. the celery was a taste treat!
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2009
I didn't have any raisins but followed the rest of the recipe. Will try raisins the next time I make this.