- 1 small acorn squash (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 mediumt tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place squash cut side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple, celery, raisins, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Turn squash over; fill centers with apple mixture. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until squash and apple filling are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fruity Acorn Squash
"amazing treat! I didn't have raisins on hand so I used dried blueberries instead. I will make this again when I pick up some raisins. can't wait :)"
"I made this in the oven and it was really good. I did put some butter in the halves at the beginning then later I added the apple, celery, raisins and spices about halfway through. Nice mixture of flavour and texture."
"Also used cranberries for a fall presentation."
"Delicious! This recipe was a good way to use up a couple lone apples. Will definitely be making this one again."
"I used pears instead of apples and dried cranberries instead of raisins. everyone loved the squash. the celery was a taste treat!"
"I didn't have any raisins but followed the rest of the recipe. Will try raisins the next time I make this."