Fruitful Greenery Recipe
A holiday party would not be complete without a beautiful centerpiece so this is an easy way to create one.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 each medium tangelos, lemons, limes, kiwano and star fruit
- 3 each medium apples, papayas, pears and quinces
- Lemon, orange or pineapple juice
- 1 oasis floral foam wreath frame (15 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 30 to 50 floral greening pins
- Sheet moss to cover wreath frame
- 20 to 25 pine boughs, arborvitae and lemon leaf stems (6 inches each)
- 2 medium pomegranates, halved
- 5 kumquats or key limes, halved
- 1 bunch Concord or seedless red grapes
- 5 medium pinecones
- 30 to 50 wired floral wood picks
- 1. In a dehydrator, dehydrate the citrus fruits, kiwano or star fruit according to manufacturers' directions until almost crisp. Cut the apples, papaya, pears or quince into 1/8 to 1/4-in. slices; soak in lemon, orange or pineapple juice for 10-20 minutes; drain and pat dry. Dehydrate. Store dried fruit in an airtight container.
- 2. If using wreath for a centerpiece, spray or soak wreath frame with water. Moisten sheet moss under running water; squeeze dry. Using greening pins, attach moss to all sides of the wreath frame.
- 3. Cut pine boughs, arborvitae and lemon leaf stems at an angle; insert into sides and top of the foam frame. Attach halved fresh fruits, grape clusters, pinecones and dehydrated fruits using floral wood picks or greening pins. Store wreath, covered, in the refrigerator, adding water to wreath base if necessary. Yield: 1 wreath (15 inches).
Reviews for Fruitful Greenery
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC