Fruited Zucchini Bread Recipe
Green flecks of zucchini and red maraschino cherries make this moist quick bread a must for the Christmas season. Keep one loaf and give the other away.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple, pecans, raisins, dates and cherries.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bread pulls away from sides of pans and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC