- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the water, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; fold in apple, pecans and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p124
Reviews for Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review