Fruited Turkey Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, grapes and celery. Whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley and salt if desired in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and sunflower kernels if desired; mix well. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fruited Turkey Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.