- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 16 romaine leaves
- 8 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, spinach, cranberries and pecans. Add yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and onion; fill each with 1/2 cup turkey mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas
Sort By :
We have made this with chicken and everyone loves it! It's especially great in croissants.
I made this to take to a church homegroup meeting and it got wonderful reviews.!
I made this with chicken breast and it was delicious! Full of good things, too! I buy pita pockets that come cut in halves and formed open for ease of filling. Wonderful for this recipe. Five stars!