Leftover turkey gets a great makeover with this tasty spread that feeds a crowd. Apples, pecans and celery give Donna's delightful turkey salad a nice crunch. Donna Noel - Gray, ME
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 16 romaine leaves
- 8 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, spinach, cranberries and pecans. Add yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and onion; fill each with 1/2 cup turkey mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p43
Reviews for Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review