During my spare time, I can be found in the kitchen...I love trying new recipes. In this recipe, sunflower seeds add a special crunch to turkey salad.
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, grapes and celery. Whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley and salt if desired in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and sunflower kernels if desired; mix well. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review