- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (12 ounces) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 2-3/4 cups alfalfa sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and honey. Stir in the tuna, oranges, apple, pecans, celery, cranberries and salt. Serve on pita breads with sprouts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Tuna Salad Pitas
Sort By :
Very good. Couldn't find alfalfa sprouts......Kroger doesn't sell them anymore due to health issues or whatever. But the salad was still really tasty in the pita!
This was really good I make it at least twice a week in summer. Sometimes when I don't have tuna or for those who do not like tuna I use chicken it is always very good just the right combination of fruit and tuna/chicken canned chunk chicken works wonderful.
This was very good. Nice light dressing. Good combination of ingredients. I did not use pecans (wife allergy), or sprouts (do not like). I found the mixture "runny". I drained the oranges and tuna. May have to try drying oranges with paper towels. Will definitely make again...great summer dish.
these are excellent for a quick dinner or lunch. if I make them the day before, I pack the tuna salad and pitas (or whole wheat tortillas!) separately so the wrap doesn't get soggy. definitely making again - this weekend in fact! :)
Made it to share at a covered dish gathering and everyone liked it. Served it on lettuce. Skipped the sprouts (didn't have on hand.) Excellent.