Fruited Tarragon Turkey Salad
A subtle tarragon flavor adds a different twist to this well-dressed turkey salads. With cranberry sauce and a dinner roll, it's a hearty lunch or dinner.
—Donna Nole, Skokie, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup green grapes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Leaf lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, celery and grapes. In a small bowl,
- combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add
- to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at 5
- hours. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve in a
- lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 442 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.