Fruited Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup syrup from each. If desired, cut apricots into fourths. Place potatoes and apricots in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and reserved syrup; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes and apricots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with light apricot halves) equals 192 calories, 68 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 46 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.