In Cape May Court House, New Jersey, Nancy Zimmerman dresses up convenient canned sweet potatoes and apricot halves with brown sugar and cinnamon. "This fast-to-fix-side dish is delicious with a ham dinner," she relates.
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup syrup from each. If desired, cut apricots into fourths. Place potatoes and apricots in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and reserved syrup; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes and apricots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Sweet Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p8
Reviews for Fruited Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review