Fruited Stuffing Balls
This delightful dressing, shaped into individual servings, is a perfect addition to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. "We love the extra flavor it gets from apricots, raisins and crunchy pecans," writes Lucille Terry of Frankfort, Kentucky.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Shape
- into 12 balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.