Fruited Stuffing Balls Recipe
This delightful dressing, shaped into individual servings, is a perfect addition to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. "We love the extra flavor it gets from apricots, raisins and crunchy pecans," writes Lucille Terry of Frankfort, Kentucky.
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Shape into 12 balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Stuffing Balls in Quick Cooking December 2000, p61
Reviews for Fruited Stuffing Balls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review