Fruited Spinach Salad Recipe
I had a similar salad in a restaurant and thought it was great, so I came up with this recipe to prepare at home. I love the way the light, sweet dressing tops the refreshing salad ingredients. — Kate Reynolds, Seattle, Washington
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar and reserved juice; shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss oranges, spinach, apple and pecans. Serve with the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC