Fruited Spinach Salad Recipe
I had a similar salad in a restaurant and thought it was great, so I came up with this recipe to prepare at home. I love the way the light, sweet dressing tops the refreshing salad ingredients. Kate Reynolds, Seattle, Washington
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar and reserved juice; shake well. In a large salad bowl, toss oranges, spinach, apple and pecans. Serve with the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p33
Reviews for Fruited Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2010
Delicious...with the following alterations. We had strawberry-rhubarb jam home (which worked fine) and only used 1/2 cup chopped pecans, which added plenty of crunch for our liking.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >