Roseann Loker's glazed combination of sausage and fruit is a welcome addition to a breakfast buffet. "I often stretch it by adding whatever fruit I have on hand, such as apples, peaches or cranberries," notes the Vicksburg, Michigan reader. "I've also served it over noodles or rice as a skillet supper."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large skillet, bring the pineapple and sausage to a boil.
- Combine the brown sugar and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Stir in
- the oranges and blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 457 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 986 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.