Roseann Loker's glazed combination of sausage and fruit is a welcome addition to a breakfast buffet. "I often stretch it by adding whatever fruit I have on hand, such as apples, peaches or cranberries," notes the Vicksburg, Michigan reader. "I've also served it over noodles or rice as a skillet supper."
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large skillet, bring the pineapple and sausage to a boil. Combine the brown sugar and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Stir in the oranges and blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Sausage in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p16
Reviews for Fruited Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review