Fruited Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, walnuts, cranberries, apricots, parsley, rosemary, pepper sausage and onion mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup: 259 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Fruited Sausage Stuffing
"Very good blend of flavors. It did not serve 13...more like 8 servings."
"This is excellent. The combination of sausage, cranberries and apricots are delicious."