Fruited Sausage Stuffing Recipe
This recipe is so good that my family often begs me to just make it alone for dinner. The sweet, savory and rich flavors create a perfect balance. –Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, walnuts, cranberries, apricots, parsley, rosemary, pepper sausage and onion mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup equals 259 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC