This recipe is so good that my family often begs me to just make it alone for dinner. The sweet, savory and rich flavors create a perfect balance. –Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, broth, walnuts, cranberries, apricots, parsley, rosemary, pepper sausage and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Sausage Stuffing in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p50
Reviews for Fruited Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
"Very good blend of flavors. It did not serve 13...more like 8 servings."
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"This is excellent. The combination of sausage, cranberries and apricots are delicious."