Fruited Rice Pilaf Recipe
I'm always trying to get fruit into our menus. I stirred some into plain rice pilaf one night, and it was a hit!—Lucille M. Gendron, Pelham, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Toasted coconut, optional
- 1. Cook rice pilaf according to package directions. Stir in the butter until melted. Add the pineapple, raisins and salad dressing. Top with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC