I'm always trying to get fruit into our menus. I stirred some into plain rice pilaf one night, and it was a hit!—Lucille M. Gendron, Pelham, New Hampshire
Featured In: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1 package (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Toasted coconut, optional
- Cook rice pilaf according to package directions. Stir in the butter until melted. Add the pineapple, raisins and salad dressing. Top with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p9
Reviews for Fruited Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2014
"This one got mixed reviews. Daughter and I loved it; husband rather have just plain rice pilaf."