Fruited Rice Pilaf Recipe
I'm always trying to get fruit into our menus. I stirred some into plain rice pilaf one night, and it was a hit!Lucille M. Gendron, Pelham, New Hampshire
- 1 package (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Toasted coconut, optional
- Cook rice pilaf according to package directions. Stir in the butter until melted. Add the pineapple, raisins and salad dressing. Top with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p9
Reviews for Fruited Rice Pilaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2010
I was looking for a side for BBQ chicken quesdaillas. This was a good pick. I skipped the raisins and added more pineapple. I also used brown rice to bump up our whole grains. This is going in my rotation. Thanks!