Fruited Rice Mix Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- 2. To prepare rice mix: In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup mix with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Yield: about 5 cups dry mix (each cup makes 4-6 servings).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Rice Mix
"Thank you so much for resurrecting this recipe! I had lost it and now it's here! This makes the most delicious side dish. I've even had it for breakfast!"