Fruited Rice Mix
The way I came upon this mix is very fitting—a friend gave me a container of it as a gift one Christmas. The next year, I gave it to many friends, all dressed up in decorated mason jars. Every single one asked for the recipe!
I learned to cook through trial and error. I've been doing it for 30 years...it's my favorite pastime.
My husband and I live on a 50-acre farm, where we breed a
20-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and store in an airtight
- To prepare rice mix: In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup mix with 2
- cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Yield: about 5 cups dry mix (each cup makes 4-6 servings).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.