Fruited Rice Mix Recipe
The way I came upon this mix is very fitting—a friend gave me a container of it as a gift one Christmas. The next year, I gave it to many friends, all dressed up in decorated mason jars. Every single one asked for the recipe! I learned to cook through trial and error. I've been doing it for 30 years...it's my favorite pastime. My husband and I live on a 50-acre farm, where we breed and race horses. We also raise chickens and lambs. Our six children are grown, and now we're the grandparents of eight youngsters.
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- 2. To prepare rice mix: In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup mix with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Yield: about 5 cups dry mix (each cup makes 4-6 servings).
1 cup: 121 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Rice Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC