Fruited Punch Recipe
I've been making this for more years than I care to say, and I think this is the best punch ever.—Marlene Meimann, Queensbury, New York
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups strong brewed tea, chilled
- 3 cups orange juice, chilled
- 3 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, chilled
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 bottle (2 liters) ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a punch bowl, combine the tea, juices and sugar mixture. Stir in strawberries. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 107 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC