Fruited Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This wonderful quick bread from Rose Mower of Chugiak, Alaska is chock-full of yummy goodies, including walnuts, dates and apricots. The blend of spices comes through nicely and complements the bread's pumpkin flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in dates, walnuts and apricots. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Fruited Pumpkin Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p11
Reviews for Fruited Pumpkin Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review