Fruited Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
"My mother made this wreath-shaped coffee cake each Christmas," recalls Bonnie Wilde of Springville, Utah. "The dough is kneaded in the bread machine, so it turns out perfectly every time."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select the dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a floured surface and punch down. Divide into 40 portions. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 teaspoons in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Arrange about a third of the pecans, cherries, raisins and cranberries in bottom of pan. Dip half of the dough pieces in butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Arrange evenly in pan. Repeat. Arrange remaining pecans and fruit over top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 each: 310 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Fruited Pull-Apart Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC