Fruited Pork Picante
I received this recipe from my mother-in-law, who's a great cook. Colorful peaches, salsa, sweet red pepper and peas make this dish attractive as well as great tasting.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves or peach spreadable fruit
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Toss pork with taco seasoning mix. In a skillet sprayed with cooking
- spray, brown pork over medium heat. Add red pepper; cook for 1
- minute. Add salsa and preserves; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add peas; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Serve over
- rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with sodium-reduced taco seasoning mix and spreadable peach fruit and without rice) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit; also, 271 calories, 505 mg sodium, 68 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.