Fruited Pork Picante Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves or peach spreadable fruit
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Toss pork with taco seasoning mix. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown pork over medium heat. Add red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add salsa and preserves; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add peas; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with sodium-reduced taco seasoning mix and spreadable peach fruit and without rice) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit; also, 271 calories, 505 mg sodium, 68 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Fruited Pork Picante
"This was really good! We needed to use up some fresh snow peas so this was perfect. We added some chopped mango as well as some fresh cilantro. Even my 4 year old liked it. Will make again."