Fruited Pork Picante Recipe
I received this recipe from my mother-in-law, who's a great cook. Colorful peaches, salsa, sweet red pepper and peas make this dish attractive as well as great tasting.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves or peach spreadable fruit
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Toss pork with taco seasoning mix. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown pork over medium heat. Add red pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add salsa and preserves; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add peas; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Pork Picante in Country Pork 1996, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fruited Pork Picante(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >