Fruited Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the 3/4 cup pineapple juice with reserved pineapple juice. Stir in the water, brown sugar, onion and tomato paste; pour over chops. Sprinkle with raisins.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in reserved pineapple. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with 2/3 cup fruit) equals 366 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.