Fruited Poppy Seed Coleslaw Recipe
This recipe showed up at a church dinner, served in a pretty round crystal bowl. It had a unique look as well as taste. The woman who brought it shared the recipe with those who were there.
- 1/2 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pear
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, pear and raisins. In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, poppy seeds, salt and mustard. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 257 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Poppy Seed Coleslaw
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC