Fruited Poppy Seed Coleslaw
This recipe showed up at a church dinner, served in a pretty round crystal bowl. It had a unique look as well as taste. The woman who brought it shared the recipe with those who were there.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pear
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, pear and raisins. In
- another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, poppy seeds,
- salt and mustard. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving,
- sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 257 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.