This recipe showed up at a church dinner, served in a pretty round crystal bowl. It had a unique look as well as taste. The woman who brought it shared the recipe with those who were there.
- 1/2 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pear
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, pear and raisins. In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, poppy seeds, salt and mustard. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Poppy Seed Coleslaw in Reminisce Extra July 2008, p53
Reviews for Fruited Poppy Seed Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review