Fruited Peach Halves Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook that came with the Comfort Range Stove my parents purchased years ago. It's my favorite from that old book, which I still have. The old ways are still the best ways, apparently, because last year this time-tested recipe won a contest sponsored by our local newspaper.
- 1 can (29 ounces) cling peach halves (6 to 7 halves)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Lettuce leaves
- Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon juice in a bowl. Set peaches aside. to peach juice, add apricots, figs and 3 tablespoons pecans; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll outside edges of peach halves in the remaining pecans. Place on a lettuce-lined salad plate; place a fruit ball on each. Yield: 6-7 servings
Originally published as Fruited Peach Halves in Reminisce Extra October 1994, p49
Reviews for Fruited Peach Halves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review