Fruited Pasta Salad Recipe
"The vibrant colors, sweet fruit and tender pasta make this lovely, festive salad a hit with both men and women at picnics and potlucks," shares Sandra Pire, Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Cool completely. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, pineapple, cantaloupe and grapes. Just before serving, stir in strawberries. Drizzle with yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 90 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fruited Pasta Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC