Fruited Oatmeal Recipe
These combined ingredients turn out a comforting flavorful combination. It seems like an unusual mix, but the fruits and taste of citrus really enhance the oatmeal.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white grapefruit juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, grapefruit juice, cinnamon and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with orange, dates, almonds and remaining brown sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC