Fruited Oatmeal Recipe
These combined ingredients turn out a comforting flavorful combination. It seems like an unusual mix, but the fruits and taste of citrus really enhance the oatmeal.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white grapefruit juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, grapefruit juice, cinnamon and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with orange, dates, almonds and remaining brown sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Cinnamon Oatmeal in Reminisce March/April 2004, p50
Reviews for Fruited Oatmeal(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review