Fruited Mini Loaves Recipe
A lovely brown crust surrounds these miniature loaves packed with yummy goodies like pineapple, apricots, raisins and pecans. "I make them ahead and freeze them for busy times," writes Suzanne McKinley from Lyons, Georgia. "They're great for breakfast."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter and egg. Add pineapple and milk; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to butter mixture just until moistened. Stir in the pecans, apricots and raisins. Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Originally published as Fruited Mini Loaves in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47
Reviews for Fruited Mini Loaves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review