A lovely brown crust surrounds these miniature loaves packed with yummy goodies like pineapple, apricots, raisins and pecans. "I make them ahead and freeze them for busy times," writes Suzanne McKinley from Lyons, Georgia. "They're great for breakfast."
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter and egg. Add pineapple and milk; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; add to butter mixture just until moistened. Stir in the pecans, apricots and raisins. Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Originally published as Fruited Mini Loaves in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47