Fruited Lemon Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice, if necessary, to measure 1 cup; set aside. Stir the pineapple, oranges and grapes into gelatin. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until firm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the egg, sugar, flour, butter and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over gelatin. Chill until firm. Cut into squares; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 15-18 servings.
1 piece: 146 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Lemon Gelatin Salad
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.