Fruited Lemon Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda. Chill until partially set.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice, if necessary, to measure 1 cup; set aside. Stir the pineapple, oranges and grapes into gelatin. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the egg, sugar, flour, butter and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over gelatin. Chill until firm. Cut into squares; serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Lemon Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fruited Lemon Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2014
Delicious! A fresh fruity dessert that can even be served as a side dish!