- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 5 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- Red and/or green candied cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, preserves, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. In a shallow bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Dip each ball into egg white, then into pecans.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. While still warm, press a cherry half into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Fruited Jewel Cookies in Country Woman November/December 2006, p36
Reviews for Fruited Jewel Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review