Fruited Holiday Vegetables Recipe
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place rutabaga in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add red potatoes and enough additional water to cover. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add sweet potatoes and enough additional water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir in the orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mincemeat, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, ginger and cinnamon; heat through.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, apple and lemon juice. Drain vegetables; stir in fruit mixture. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Add mincemeat; stir gently. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 243 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Fruited Holiday Vegetables
"I had never had mincemeat before putting it in this dish, and it compliments the vegetables perfectly."