This sweet and savory side dish incorporates creamy goat cheese for an unexpected twist on a seasonal favorite. Your guests will be impressed! —Jennifer Coduto, Kent, Ohio
- 1 pound whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the dates, onion, sage, rosemary and marjoram in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in the onion mixture, cherries, salt and pepper. Add broth; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Goat Cheese Stuffing in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p40
Reviews for Fruited Goat Cheese Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review