- 1 pound whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the dates, onion, sage, rosemary and marjoram in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in the onion mixture, cherries, salt and pepper. Add broth; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Fruited Goat Cheese Stuffing
Sort By :
I wanted to love this recipe - I was so excited to make it. But no one in my house would eat it, including me. I think 3 cups of chicken broth is too much and the whole wheat bread taste is too strong - maybe use white bread or half white half whole wheat. I like the dried fruit and goat cheese but my husband did not. The whole dish was very mushy. It also dirties up a lot of dishes!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Stuffing Recipes >