Fruited Gelatin Salad Recipe
I've found this salad to be perfect for potlucks and special occasions. It cuts nicely into squares and can be served on lettuce leaves if you like. —Norma Warner, Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and mashed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the juices, apricots and pineapple. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until partially set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; refrigerate.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and flour in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Removed from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into custard. Spread over gelatin; sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 242 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Gelatin Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC