Fruited Floret Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 1 medium head)
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels or mixed nuts, optional
- 1. In a large serving bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, celery, grapes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar and sugar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
One 3/4 cupserving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, fat-free milk and without sunflower kernels) equals 62 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.