- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup blueberries or halved red grapes
- Cut dough into three pieces: 6-1/2 in., 2 in. and 1-1/2 in. long. On a greased baking sheet, pat or roll the 6-1/2-in. piece into an oval, about 1/3 in. thick, for fish's body. (See diagrams above right for dimensions.)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the 2-in. piece into the circle; cut in half. Position the half circles at the end of body for tail; press to seal edges. Roll the remaining piece into a square; cut in half diagonally. Place the triangles above and below body for fins; press to seal edges.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Transfer fish to a serving platter. With a sharp knife, cut out a small triangle for mouth. Spread cream cheese mixture over entire fish. Arrange fruit as shown in photo. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Fish in Country Woman July/August 2000, p36
Reviews for Fruited Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2011
"I made this for a co-worker's party. Her name happened to be Mrs. Fish! It was the hit of the party."
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2011
"Made this for my son's 8th birthday party and everyone loved it! No left overs so I think I'll make a smaller version for home next time."