Fruited Dutch Baby
This traditional oven-baked pancake is a sensational way to showcase fruit-and it makes an ideal holiday breakfast or brunch. If you prefer, sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve it with canned pie filling or other fruit.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 400° oven for 5
- minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the
- flour, sugar and salt. Stir in eggs and milk until smooth. Pour into
- prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and bananas. Using a slotted
- spoon, place fruit in center of pancake. Top with whipped cream if
- desired. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 203 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,