This traditional oven-baked pancake is a sensational way to showcase fruit-and it makes an ideal holiday breakfast or brunch. If you prefer, sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve it with canned pie filling or other fruit.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 400° oven for 5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in eggs and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and bananas. Using a slotted spoon, place fruit in center of pancake. Top with whipped cream if desired. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Dutch Baby in Country Woman December/January 2008, p31
Reviews for Fruited Dutch Baby
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review