Fruited Cranberry Salad Recipe
Whenever we have a special-occasion family gathering, I'm always asked to bring along this cool and fruity salad. Everyone loves the combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges, grapes and pineapple.—Edna Havens, Wann, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, cut into wedges and seeds removed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first three ingredients. Cover and process until the fruit is coarsely chopped; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Add cranberry mixture, grapes, pineapple, celery and pecans. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC