Fruited Cranberry Salad Recipe
Whenever we have a special-occasion family gathering, I'm always asked to bring along this cool and fruity salad. Everyone loves the combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges, grapes and pineapple.—Edna Havens, Wann, Oklahoma
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, cut into wedges and seeds removed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first three ingredients. Cover and process until the fruit is coarsely chopped; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Add cranberry mixture, grapes, pineapple, celery and pecans. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl or individual dishes. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 49 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fruited Cranberry Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC