Fruited Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large apple, coarsely chopped
- Cooked rice
- Sliced green onions
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown chops on both sides. Stir in chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar; bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until chops are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir until smooth. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm. Increase heat to medium. Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet, cook and stir until thickened. Add chopped apple and heat through. On a platter, arrange chops over rice. Spoon sauce over chops and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fruited Chops
"I have been making this dish for years now. I use pork tenderloin instead of pork chops. Very easy to make. Everyone enjoys it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.