Fruited Chops Recipe
Meet the Cook: This one-skillet supper gets served regularly in our farmhouse! We cash-crop plus run a 400-head cow-calf operation...I have a large garden to keep up with during growing season...and, if that isn't enough to keep me busy, I also work full-time in my husband's tractor dealership. So I appreciate easy recipes like Fruited Chops that I can prepare quickly. -Teresa Lillycrop, Puslinch, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large apple, coarsely chopped
- Cooked rice
- Sliced green onions
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown chops on both sides. Stir in chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar; bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until chops are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir until smooth. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm. Increase heat to medium. Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet, cook and stir until thickened. Add chopped apple and heat through. On a platter, arrange chops over rice. Spoon sauce over chops and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC