Fruited Chicken Recipe
"I've worked full-time for more than 30 years, and this super slow-cooker recipe has been a lifesaver," writes Rosemary Jarvis of Sparta, Tennessee. "It cooks while I'm away and smells heavenly when I walk in the door in the evening."
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place onion and chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, orange peel and garlic; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with apricots and cranberries.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC