Fruited Chicken Tossed Salad
Almonds add crunch to this refreshing salad from Dennis Vitale of New Preston, Connecticut. A homemade citrus dressing complements chicken, peach, and apricot sliced tossed with lettuce and spinach.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups torn spinach
- 1 cup julienned cooked chicken
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- 1 medium apricot, sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- CITRUS SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, spinach, chicken, peach,
- apricot and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the
- dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and gently toss
- to coat. Yield: 2 servings.